About the Role:
Mercury One’s Event Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Development Team, participate in all areas related to stewarding donors, coordinating grants and sponsorship processes. The primary function of this role is providing support and helping to manage our live events, annual fundraising gala’s and new projects.
Event Coordinator Position Duties:
- Responsible for coordination of all organization’s events and a training facility.
- Helping to coordinate overall success of annual fundraising events to ensure success of overall organization.
- Planning event details and all aspects, including rentals, vendors and event management.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Be Team Leader with the planning and management of events from small and simple to large and complex.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up process.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the complex needs of wide variety of events.
- Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
- Conduct final inspection on day of event to ensure everything adheres to specifications and standards for event success.
- Consult with internal/external partners to determine objectives and requirement for events, such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodations and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs, requirements printing and event security.
- Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays and other event needs.
- Ensure event insurance and vendor insurance is adding additionally insured.
- Determining, managing and remaining within budget with all costs.
- Review event bills for accuracy, manage all event invoices and follow-up accuracy.
- Provide administrative and event assistance to the Development team as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Preferred; 3-5 years minimum experience working with large events of over 500 people.
- Able to interact with individuals at many levels and to handle confidential and sensitive matters.
- Prior experience with CRM (customer relationship management) database; Blackbaud; RE NXT experience a plus.
- Able to organize and handle multiple projects, Project Management Experience a plus
- Detail-oriented; Excellent computer and data entry skills; proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem solving, customer service, communication – verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience with non-profits and customer service a plus.
- A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow, a fast learner; Desire to learn and take on various types of responsibilities.
- A team player; must be able to work with people within and outside of the Development department.
- Willing to work outside regular office hours when necessary.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.