JOIN THE MERCURY ONE TEAM
Become part of the Mercury One team and help us restore the human spirit in communities near and far. When you work for Mercury One, you get the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the world while learning from experienced non-profit leaders.
We’re hiring hardworking individuals with a passion for service. Take a look at our open positions and apply below!
Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities, annual budget and cash projections. Responsible for managing all accounting functions, preparing for audits, and tax filings.
- Lead all day-to-day accounting operations including Revenue receipting, AP/AR, GL, Month End closing, Payroll
- Prepare and review financial reporting packages and cash flow projections for weekly and monthly required reporting
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Ensure systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep executive leadership abreast of financial status.
- Manage and monitor monthly cost and expenses, economies of state, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external audits, 990 filings, and sales and other tax related filings
- Assists Director of Operations with Banking and other financial related institutions or organizations as needed
- Supervise Accounting department staff
- Ensure monthly reporting is complete by staff for time allocation, credit card reconciliations and reimbursement
- Coordinate with Donor Database Team on proper campaign/appeal set ups, proper donations fund gift recording, and reconciliation between Donor Database and Accounting general ledger database
- Assist with any additional or special projects, tasks or duties beyond what is outlined here that may be assigned as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting or related field with supervisory experience
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills, proficient in Excel and Word
- Experience with non-profits and museums a plus
- Desire to learn and take on various types of responsibilities
- A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow, a fast learner
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- A team player, must be able to work with people within and outside of the finance department
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willing to work overtime when necessary